|IEB Australia Chapter Engineers meet Engineers Australia GM Greg Ewing|
An Engineers delegation of The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB) chapter Australia met Engineers Australia General Manger (GM) Mr. Greg Ewing on May 30, 2018 at Engineers Australia, L3/8 Thomas Street, Chatswood. The delegation comprised of Saiful Islam (Convenor), Abdul Matin, Dr. AHM Kamruzzaman, Siddiqur Rahman, Dr. Neaz Sheikh, Ashim Chowdhury and Hasan Ziad.
The delegates conveyed how Bangladeshi Engineers are contributing to various fields in Engineering and Technology in Australia, and at large to Australian Society. Also discussed was how Bangladeshi Engineers face various challenges when completing Competency Demonstration Reports (CDR) for Engineers Australia (EA), migration assessments and accreditations e.g. chartered professional engineer (CPE).
The following are the key issues that were raised among our Bangladeshi engineers in Australia:
• Engaging all new or existing Bangladeshi engineers with Engineers Australia by
proposing EA membership e.g. CPEng/NER/RPEQ etc.
• The best way the IEB Australia chapter can work in-line with EA to bring BD
Engineers in a common platform e.g. Srilanka, India, Malaysia, UK, Qatar chapter.
• Develop the educational system/framework to get EA direct signatories.
• Using EA resources creating a community platform.
• Introduce our experience/competent BD Engineers to the new migrant/new
graduate BD Engineers to share their skills.
• Creating professional job network by bringing professional recruiters among
community chapter/members. Arranging CV writing workshops for new migrant and graduate engineers.
• Bringing all Bangladeshi Engineers under a common umbrella to fill the gap between industry and personal development.
• Arranging seminars, symposiums and conferences about our new researches,
achievements and careers in a timely manner.
• Connecting highly professional industry experienced personnel with new
migrants/graduates to share their obstacles, achievements, experiences so that
future engineers can portray their new career in Australia.
Mr. Greg was very impressed with Bangladeshi Engineers contribution in the Australian industry. He gave an excellent summary of the process which EA & IEB chapter Australia can take to create a bridge between EA and BD Engineers communities to work together to take advantage of all available opportunities. He also offered to help at any time if needed. He encouraged the organisation of seminars and technical presentations to EA from reputed Bangladesh engineers/academia/researchers, and invite EA reprentatives (President/CEO/GM etc.) to attend.
This was an encouraging meeting between IEB & EA, the likes of which has never been done before. This joint venture between EA & IEB will help and benefit all Bangladeshi engineers from here on.